Thursday, June 16, 2005

THIEVES!!

FreeFileHosting.Net

Someone stole the Alien "saucer fish" off my car last month.

At the same time, they stole my "Support our Troops" yellow-ribbon magnet.

I guess this person must have looked at my other bumper stickers:

"Earth First! We'll Destroy The Other Planets Later"

FreeFileHosting.Net

FreeFileHosting.Net
(but mine has a picture of Napoleon Dynamite on it!)

FreeFileHosting.Net

FreeFileHosting.Net

FreeFileHosting.Net

Did somebody decide that because I was a lefty I couldn't have a yellow ribbon? Were they offended by a suggestion that I might not be a Christian, and that therefore I shouldn't display the Alien thingie?

No, I won't blame it on any of our vocal local conservative types. I will blame it on Bill Clinton. After all, he IS to blame for most of the bad things happening in our country today, at least according to the vocal locals! Heeheehee!

I figure I'm probably o.k. without the yellow ribbon. But the Alien?

It will rise again!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave Splash said...

I'm waiting for some to smash my window because I have a sticker of a W with a line through it on my car. But, you're right...it probably would be Bill Clinton's fault if that happened.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Hey Snave,

We have some pretty strong bumper stickers as well and an evolved fishy on our car. Nonetheless, we have been very lucky, considering where we live, and have not had anyone stealing our property that way. Knock on wood. That sucks.

I don't often defend the right, but to be fair, it only takes one asshole to do something like that. I live in a city of 1.5 million people, so it's actually kind of remarkable that no one has bothered us so far.

Write a letter to your local paper about it, and then you will gain sympathy from both sides of the aisles. If anything republicans are more sympathetic about theft because they value their things so intensely. That would be poetic justice.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

You're not going to believe this but, my Darwin Fish was stolen off my truck a couple months ago.

Also, ever since I put a "I think therefore I am a Democrat" & "Support our troops - Impeach Bush" bumper stickers on, many large scratches have appeared on my truck.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

On Election Eve in 1996, someone busted out the right rear tail light on my 91 Corolla. Right below the tail light was a bumper sticker that read "Vote Republican. It's easier than thinking." Guess I must have pissed somebody off pretty badly. Talk about sore losers... !

A friend of mine has a "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" sticker on her Jeep, and she has gotten notes left under her windshield wiper telling her she'll go to hell, etc.

1.5 million people? Sheryl, I didn't realize SA was so big! There are only 13,000 people here in La Grande.

Lizzy, it's odd that we should both have had Darwin Fish removed from our cars by unknown thieves.

Actually, I blame the thievery on bored teenagers looking for ways to entertain themselves. Blaming it on Clinton or the conservatives is just too easy!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

My vote is that an asshole conservative did it. Kids do get bored, but I don't think bumper sticker theft is the kind of visceral thrill that teens would get into.

That is weird that Lizzy also had her darwin fish removed. These things must be awfully rare and valuable to be worth stealing!!! ;-)

Maybe we should all order some and start selling them to people.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Good idea! We could sell them as an investment. If people are stealing them, they must be valuable, eh! 8-)>

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net