Sunday, September 05, 2004

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Blues

Well I wake up every morning
Right about 7:07
If the numbers don't add up to 7 or if they aren't divisible by 7
I might not go to heaven
I got the blues... I got the OCD blues
I got them from my worried mind
Right down to my symmetrical shoes

Every night before I go to bed
I make sure the doors are locked
I do it 10 or 20 times
What's that, you say you're shocked?
I got the blues... I got them OCD blues
I got them from my ragged nails
Right down to my worried shoes

I still have bags full of receipts
From 1988
I don't know when I'll need them
So I save them just in case
I got the blues... I got them OCD blues
I got them from my jam-packed closets
Right down to my shakin' shoes

Some people wash their hands
A hundred times a day
Some people just won't talk because
They're afraid of what they'll say
I got the blues... I got them OCD blues
I got them from my worried mind
Right down to my unbidden mental images of morbid things and hoarding of useless stuff and checking doorlocks/windows repeatedly and number rituals and superstitious behaviors and ceaselessly worried shoes


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net