Friday, September 23, 2005

SMART by Shel Silverstein


Fine art was found at http://www.bubbygram.com/bushstickers/bushstickersample.gif

Smart
by Shel Silverstein


My dad gave me a dollar
`Cause I'm his smartest son
And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
`Cause two is more than one!

And then I took the quarters
And traded them to Lou
For three dimes --- I guess he don't know
That three is more than two!

Just then, along came old blind Bates
And just ‘cause he can't see
He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
And four is more than three!

And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
Down at the feed-seed store,
And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
five is more than four!

And then I went and showed my dad,
And he got red in the cheeks,
closed his eyes and shook his head ---
Too proud of me to speak!

Snave's note: Could the son in this poem be Dubya?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Yes.

7:49 PM  
Blogger sleepybomb said...

very, very astute. shel was the master of the obvious ...

dtptx

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net