Saturday, October 15, 2005

SOME FUN CURMUDGEONLY QUOTES

I found these wonderful curmudgeonly quotes at http://www.focusedperformance.com/quotes15.html . By going to this website and hitting the button at the bottom of the page for the previous topic, you can access other pages with excellent quotes on a number of topics. Enjoy!

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up familiar with it. - Max Planck

Actions lie louder than words. - Carolyn Wells

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. - Andre Gide

Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting. - Alan Dean Foster, "To the Vanishing Point"

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up. - Tom Lehrer

It's a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn't want to hear. - Dick Cavett

Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense. - Gertrude Stein

It had only one fault. It was kind of lousy. - James Thurber

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them! - Friedrich Nietzsche

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. - George Bernard Shaw

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. - Steven Wright

Write a profound saying and your name will live forever. - Anonymous

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe. - Marcus Cole, Character in J. Michael Straczynski's Babylon 5

You know, it's at times like this when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young! . . . Why, what did she tell you? . . . I don't know, I didn't listen! - Douglas Adams, From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity. - Nick Diamos

No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it. - Charles M. Schulz

One of the symptoms of approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. - Bertrand Russell

People will buy anything that is one to a customer. - Sinclair Lewis

Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

"Write a profound saying and your name will live forever. - Anonymous"

This one is amusing to me, but purely because its anonymous. Was that it's appeal for you, Snave?

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net