Friday, January 06, 2006

ASSORTMENT OF QUOTES

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.”

-George Orwell


“When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of it hands and the purity of its heart.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


“We have every kind of mix you can have. I have a black, I have a woman, two Jews and a cripple. And we have talent.”

-James G. Watt, Reagan’s Secretary of the Interior (and Gale Norton’s mentor) describing an advisory panel in 1983.


“This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.”

-Will Rogers

Billy Graham, speaking about Jews in America: “This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country’s going down the drain.”
Richard Nixon: “You believe that?”
Billy Graham: “Yes, sir.”
Richard Nixon: “Oh boy, so do I. I can’t ever say that but I believe it.”

-from Nixon’s secret White House tapes


“There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of genocide?”

-Rush Limbaugh from his book “See, I Told You So”

“Talking of patriotism, what humbug it is; it is a word which always commemorates a robbery. There isn’t a foot of land in the world which doesn’t represent the ousting and re-ousting of a long line of successive owners.”

-Mark Twain


And some fun ones from George W. Bush:

“I thought we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun.”

“My education message will resignate amongst all parents.”

“I’m trying to protect my invest— my contributors from unscrupulous practices.”

“It’s your money. You paid for it.”

“Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is – I’m not sure 80% of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100% will get it if I’m the president.”

“It’s important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It’s not only life of babies, but it’s life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.”


I say yes, these are dark dungeons indeed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

That last one's priceless. When did he say that?

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net