Tuesday, August 18, 2009

THE NEW ARRIVALS

Ah, what fine saps we are!

We took Zeva in to the vet for her shots last Tuesday, and the assistants at the clinic convinced us to take a look at three kittens they had there. Despite already having three cats (Abby, Zeva and Phinney) we succumbed to the charms of the two little imps pictured above.
On the left is Neko, who seems to be something like Phinney's doppelganger appearance-wise. She has been a bit shy but is warming up to our cat community rather quickly. She is 10-12 weeks old. On the right is Ichiro, a purebred lilac point Siamese. He is absolutely fearless at age 8-9 weeks.
It didn't cost anything to adopt them, and the clinic was so grateful to us that for taking these little sweethearts that they gave us about fifty dollars worth of Science Diet kitten food!
So far Abby, who is 15 years old, doesn't seem to care that we brought a couple of young interlopers into our home. Zeva, two years old and playful, didn't take long to start hanging out with the newbies. It has been 6-month-old Phinney who has had the hardest time... but today there is a lot less growling and hissing, and he has actually been playing with both the kittens! Lots of mutual chasing, hiding and pawing around corners, etc.
Cat communities are lots of fun. We love watching the dynamics between the kitties.
And yes, I admit it, Mrs. Snave and I are serial cat owners... a.k.a. CRAZY CAT PEOPLE.

14 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Aw, they are so cute. I love the little white mustache on the black one.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Yes, her mustache IS beautiful! 8-) And she does look a LOT like Phinney... When she is full grown we may have a hard time telling them apart.

How is your little new guy getting along?

9:08 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

I'm a serial cat owner too, though the most I've had at one time is three. I love them so much I keep getting them even though I'm allergic to them! Very handsome pair of kitties you have there.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Ha ha, you big sap. :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Max is doing great. Growing like a weed and seems to be very happy.

We're still not completely successful on the potty training but at least (unlike his sister Tess)he doesn't seem to mind going out in the wet grass in the morning.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Holte Ender said...

My wife and I are big saps too. I won't show her the pictures.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Terence Towles Canote said...

Awww, they're so cute! I can't blame you and the Mrs. one bit--I would've taken the kittens home too!

5:54 PM  
Blogger S.W. Anderson said...

How precious. They make my heart melt. Bless you for giving them a family and home. They will keep you young at heart and run you a merry chase. Especially little Ichiro. In my experience Siamese cats tend to be a little extra independent and stubborn at times, although no less lovable.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Congrats. My wife and I are serial cat owners too (i.e. we're owned by our cats).

12:09 PM  
Blogger Dave Splash said...

I have two at the moment, but can't quite comprehend the idea of getting a third. I kind of want to, but...

1:53 PM  
Blogger Beekeepers Apprentice said...

You're a better person than I, snave...I would have said "What? are you kidding?" then run like hell.

Seriously, very nice-looking kitties:)

4:35 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Yeah, Canada has been looking good to me for a long time.

Snave, check out Costa Rica before moving to Canada. Great health care and a much better climate. And no military for the taxpayers to support.

My cats can whip your cats asses, they're not spoiled, he he he.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are adorable! I'm so jealous... I love cats but I'm allergic (the asthma kind) so instead I'm working my way to becoming crazy dog lady (have 2 now).

Don't you have a pupster as well? I thought you did.

Congrats!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

How adorable! Congratulations on the new arrivals!

I love having more than one cat; the interactions are a lot of fun. We only have one and am not sure he would appreciate another cat in the household (it's bad enough we have the dog). But one day I'd like to have more!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net