Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Gee Daddy, is God really a Republican?

The following items are from this article: http://slate.msn.com/id/2106590/ It’s a good read. Check out these quotes and ask yourself if any of this scares you, even just a little.

“I believe God wants me to be president.” - George W. Bush

"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for President." - George W. Bush

"I think that God picked the right man at the right time for the right purpose." - popular Christian broadcaster Janet Parshall

"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of America did not vote for him. He's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this." – General William “Jerry” Boykin

"If I'd won that election in 1992, my oldest son would not be president of the United States of America. I think the Lord works in mysterious ways." – former president George H. W. Bush

Time magazine reported re. 9/11: "Privately, Bush talked of being chosen by the grace of God to lead at that moment."

I add this: a letter-writer to the Oregonian recently said something to the effect of "We used to call people who say they talk to God 'delusional'. Now we call them 'President.'" Heh...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Based on many of his nonsensical public statements I believe Dubya may be dyslexic. If this is true, maybe he was chosen by Dog to be president.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Yes, I understand he is a member of The Untied Dyslexic Church of Dog! I wish I had come up that one... but if you'd like to see the hilarious t-shirt/design, it is at http://www.northernsun.com/cgi-bin/ns/search.html?id=X6tIE77E !!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

The question is, does Bush & the Bushites actually believe this crap? Or, is this just another example of doing & saying anything it takes to keep the wool pulled over the religious rights minds? Either way, it's profane.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net