Friday, September 23, 2005

TAKING A COUPLE OF DAYS OFF

I'll be back sometime Sunday evening. We're going to be visiting with relatives during the next couple of days, and I won't have much time to blog. And I doubt I will get to watch my Oregon Ducks take on the USC Trojans tomorrow, either... 8-(>

Tuesday I took a day off from work to help my daughter Kelly move out of our house and into a dorm room at the college here in town. She is only about a mile away, but I find that it's just about killing me. On one hand, I'm thrilled for her! She is going to get a taste of semi-independent living, meet new people, and learn more about herself. Life is now hers to take by the horns and experience on her own! On the other hand, she isn't at our house anymore... and you kind of get used to someone after they live with you for 18 years. I feel like the air has been let out of my balloon.

I told her that her mom and I would be good, that we wouldn't be calling her very often. The rule we made, upon which she agreed, was that she had to call us at least once a week. Well, it's been three days so far... ! And that tells me she is doing o.k. and probably having a good time. In fact, I am sure she is handling this major change a lot better than I am. Her younger sister, now 17 and a junior in high school, is beside herself because she and her sister are the best of friends. A couple of nights ago, she was sobbing uncontrollably, and she has definitely not been her usual bubbly self the last couple of days. Anyway... life is full of things to which we all need to adjust.

See y'all Sunday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I'm sure it's hard. At least she didn't immediately head off to Boise or Portland...

5:08 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Do be flexible till she makes new friends though, eh? She might be missing you guys too.

I don't think that's a bad thing, unless it went on forever.

3:13 AM  
Blogger GTX said...

You mean that you’ll have two more entirely days in your life?
I can tell you that two days well spent are in fact two more days plus in your life.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I miss Snave.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

I guess he did not say which Sunday.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net