Friday, February 24, 2006

ETC., AD NAUSEUM

I'm in a period of end-of-winter blahs, and I can't think of anything to write about that won't just be a depressing rant about the sad state of our nation (due to lack of judgment, among other things, by the Bush administration)... or that won't just be a laundry list of complaints (various miseries) related to other things.

I am going to be fairly busy for the next couple of days, but if I can get the Blogger thing to work correctly I'll post some good cartoons. That may be problematic, as Blogger hasn't been letting me post pictures the last few times I have tried.

As I was mentioning to Sheryl in an e-mail, I think it's time to have my computer's hard drive wiped and then the basic programs reinstalled. For all the memory and speed our computer is supposed to have, it seems to do very little anymore. It has no video-playing capability, and it won't let me load video-viewing or music-listening programs. It won't allow me to process movies from our digital camera into DVDs, it won't let me burn discs, etc. ad nauseum. I think I'll save what I need on a Zip disc, get Kit and Katie to do the same, and take the damned thing to the shop. My hunch is that even though viruses have been removed in the past, what got in there might have gummed up the works in a mighty way. So, Jim and Dave and others, all those fun video clips you have sent are being saved for when I get the stoopid computer working correctly. Anyway, I need to take a more pro-active and less Stone Age approach, and get the accursed thing cleaned out. I'll let you know how that goes, if and when I get around to doing it. In the meantime, I may try and post a few pictures or cartoons using other computers.

I'm certain that a visit to J. Marquis of "Are We There Yet?" and David Downing of "A Fly On The Sill" next week in Seattle will give me some inspiration. Those guys are smart, funny and best friends of mine. Plus, there will be some filmmaking (see info at the link to "A Fly On The Sill") which I believe will be very enjoyable.

More as more happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I know how you feel about the very sad state of affairs, and how hard it can be to write sometimes.

As far as your PC goes, feel free to email me if you have any problems. I'm a geek.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Thanks for the nice comments, Snave. Your friendship is really important to me.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Anytime, J. I can't describe how excited I am about coming to Seattle this week! And as usual, you and Dave will have some new music to hear.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net