Monday, May 22, 2006

COMPUTER PROBLEMS... BACK IN A FEW DAYS, I HOPE

We had a huge storm here last Friday, and since then we haven't had any internet connection. We have Verizon DSL, and we have two modems... neither modem is getting any connection. Verizon says it's our modem that doesn't work, I'm suspicious that it might be something else. I will call them today and see about getting another modem, and it that doesn't work, they will probably have to come to our house and check things out.

So, I'll probably be gone from my own computer for at least a few days. I may be able to post from other computers, if I have time.

My dad is in a kind of holding pattern with his congestive heart failure. The doctor told him his system was starting to shut down, and then asked him if he preferred to go to the hospital or stay at home. I have to take that to mean the doctor believes there isn't much time left for Dad. Dad and Mom both said they would like for him to be at home, so we will see what happens. He will continue to take his medications, use his oxygen, and use his walker. The way I look at it, his situation is really like that of all of us: who knows how much time is left? It could happen today, tomorrow, next week, next month, maybe even next year...

I like the new CDs by Neil Young and Pearl Jam. They are helping me get through some less-than-fun times!

Finally, I installed my site counter just about a year ago, so it looks like my site has been getting about 54 or 55 hits per day on average. Two or three of those per day are from me, the rest are from all of you! Thanks to all of you for coming by during the last year!

8 Comments:

Blogger GTX said...

Like a lot Neil Young (Old Ways)

9:40 AM  
Blogger GTX said...

I think a lot of you and your father...

9:43 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks, Joao! Your kind thoughts are very much appreciated. I'll keep you readers posted on what happens!

12:45 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:21 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Snave,
You know I lost my Dad back in October, João (GTX) in February.
We're right there with you pal so to speak.
I'm doing slightly better, Dad just wore out - as we all do.
There's nothing that can make it "easy" but it's part of what I keep telling my wife is a season(she lost both of her parents in within 7 months of each other the second just 9 months before my Father).
It was much the same pattern when my grandparents passed, 3 in a short time and the last years later.
A season of pain and sadness, and an odd sort of joy that makes the survivors feel just a bit guilty when they pull closer together.
It makes us appreciate what we have and how short time really is.
My thoughts are with you in this time.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks, 1138! I guess it's the part of the life process that not too many of us look forward to. My dad is also just kind of wearing out at this point. Thanks for your kind thoughts!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

I wish all the best to your father, and to all of your family.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Damien said...

Best of thoughts for your dad snaveroo. Nice to know I'm not the only one having PC probs!!!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net