Friday, June 01, 2007

SATURDAY NIGHT WEBCAST TO CHECK OUT

The band I'm in, Standard Deviation, can be heard "live" on the net this Saturday night at 9:00 p.m. PDT. If all goes well, we will at least have audio, and with luck there may be some video as well. We are a bunch of old-fart garage-rockers, and we tend to take classic rock tunes for a real RIDE... heh... To hear us, and maybe see us, go here:

http://webcast.herd.tv/

We'll be doing four sets, probably going until around 1:00 a.m. PDT. We do a few Neil Young tunes, a few by Steppenwolf, some Spencer Davis, some Chuck Berry, a bit of Dylan, and some mid-60's stuff like "Time Won't Let Me", "Land of 1,000 Dances", "Let it All Hang Out", "Mustang Sally" and "Nobody But Me". I play keyboards and do most of the singing. Hope you can come check it out!

14 Comments:

Blogger LET'S TALK said...

You got my ear when you said Steppenwolf... I'll listen.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Cool. I will definitely check you guys out.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Paul G. said...

9pm minus um... I'm not sure I can make that here on the sunrise coast.
Will there be a podcast I can DL?

11:40 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

I'm not sure about a podcast, Paul. You can check that webcast site and see, but ya know, I'm just not sure!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Demeur said...

Include me in. I'm good for ole R&R.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I'll be listening! : )

1:59 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I got here too late for the web cast, but it looks like you had quite a time at the festival!

3:07 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I watched most of the webcast. You guys sounded great!

Hopefully someday the Hard Left can do something like that.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Glad you got to see it, Lizzy! I know The Major saw it as well. Thanks to those who checked us out! Anyway, a splendid time was had by all!

In a few days, I will post the web address where the show is archived, and you can go there and watch and listen at your leisure.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

It wouldn't work on my computer. :-( I thought maybe there was something wrong with the feed, but it sounds like it was working for you guys. *Pout*

Maybe it didn't like my mac version of Windows media. But I even picked the mms: locator out of the source code and tried pasting that directly into the player to no avail.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

PS I don't suppose you could get it into shockwave or quicktime next time, could ya? My computers seem to handle those formats the best. Windows Media is too erratic. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. Microsoft sucks!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

I will check ya'll out, I love that Hombres song, "Let it all hang out." Hope the technology works!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Shit, I thought you were talking about this coming Sat, Doh.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Four sets??? Wow, back in the day, four sets was a breeze, now I would be lucky to last two, in my Autumn years.
Rock on!

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net