Friday, November 23, 2007

AHHH, MEMORIES!


I have been tagged by Tattooed Atheist, who has an excellent blog called "Aye" (see links). Here is what I am required to do:

Post my earliest memory that is:
#1 Clear enough to include three details.
#2 Give my age.
#3 Pass it along to some other folks.

Well, first of all I'm 50 years old. One of my earliest memories is from when I was about three years old. My parents were still in bed, and I was up puttering around the house. I remember knowing I needed to be quiet so I wouldn't wake them. They used to give me Black Jack chewing gum when I was a little guy. I was in the bathroom, standing on the toilet, looking around in the medicine cabinet and found some things that looked like sticks of chewing gum, but they weren't the right size. They were wrapped in paper, but were firmer and smaller than sticks of gum. Turns out later when I asked my mom about them, she told me they were razor blades! Fun, fun, fun. The ones in the picture above are much older than the ones Dad had in the medicine cabinet, but you get the idea... small, colorful packages full of deadly, sharp little goodies.

I am going to pass this along to J.Marquis of "Major Conflict"! Hehehe

7 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Yikes! That story sounds like something off an Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson album.

So you were able to pass the razors without any internal damage?

9:45 AM  
Blogger SouthLoopScot said...

Ouch!
I remember those cartridges! I used to pretend to shave with my dads razor sans the blades. Half the fun was opening up the butterfly mechanism!

Thanks for the props!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Hehehehe! I didn't actually eat them of course, but it does indeed sound rather Marilynesque or Alice-ish.

Ouch indeed, TA!! 8-)>

9:59 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Hee-hee! At first I thought those were pics of condom packages - now that would have been fun for your mom to explain...

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Good story. Glad you didn't chew 'em!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Oh man...the nightmares that story will give me! However...the Black Jack gum part was great. I just found some of that stuff at a little candy store in town last week and couldn't wait to taste it. I was afraid that it wouldn't taste the same, but it did! Memories! The only difference is, the pack I bought cost 80 cents. Back in my day...it was a nickel. Oy! I'm getting old!

8:19 AM  
Blogger 1138 said...

And so started Snaves brief but interesting career as a circus geek ;)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net