Thursday, November 08, 2007

WITH APOLOGIES TO THE LATE, GREAT SHEB WOOLLEY

Time once again to sing along! This one is to the tune of Sheb Woolley's "Purple People Eater". Enjoy!!

Well I was tryin’ to find a station I could hear for a while
When I heard his voice comin’ off the radio dial
I commenced to listen and I said ‘hooeee”
Sounds like a rightwing commentator to me

It was a jack-boot brown-shirt rightwing commentator
A big-assed bubbleheaded rightwing commentator
A puritanic super-manic rightwing commentator
Sure sounded good to me
Well I was drinking up the stuff from his Kool-Aid glass
And I started sayin’ what he said, it happened real fast
He started sayin’ Democrats are just a bunch of bums
And when he started into bashin’ Clinton I began to come!

It was a god-damned god-fearing rightwing commentator
A persecuted prostituted rightwing commentator
A really vile full-of-bile rightwing commentator
Sure sounded good to me
I said “Mr. Rightwing Commentator, what’s your lie?”
He said “Any lie that I can tell, ya know I’m gonna try,
But that isn’t really why I’m here, I’m here to wag the dog,
And I am here to tell you that the president is GOD!”

It was a well-loathed Karl Rove rightwing commentator
A David Duke make-ya-puke rightwing commentator
A bash-their-head-in Armageddon rightwing commentator
Sure sounded swell to me
And he blabbered on forever now, and this is what he said:
“If you don’t support the war then we will all be dead
Or excommunicated to a prison cold and damp
Or be arrested and incarcerated in a camp!”

It was a screw-the-poor money-whore rightwing commentator
A lib’rul-hatin’ masturbatin’ rightwing commentator
A bible-thumpin’ money-grubbin’ rightwing commentator
Sure sounds right to me


It was a tiny-donged war-mongerin’ rightwing commentator
A ravin’ rantin’ propagandin’ rightwing commentator
A hard-attackin’ Court-packin’ rightwing commentator
Sure sounds great to me
It was a story-fakin’ law-breakin’ rightwing commentator
A left-accusin’ drug-abusin’ rightwing commentator
A free junket butt-trumpet rightwing commentator
Sure sounds great to me
Yeah she sure sounds great to me
Yeah he sure sounds great to me
Yeah, it sure sounds great to me!!!

16 Comments:

Blogger Randal Graves said...

Two things:

1.This is fucking hilarious!

2.The text of the post loaded, but the crazy-ass Rush pic didn't for about a second, and when it did, holy creeping hell.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Wow, well done. That is awesome.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Bwahahahaa!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger SouthLoopScot said...

That is some creative shit!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Okay, I have to include this in today's Blog World Report.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

An instant classic, Snave - nicely done!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

I seen that on Robert's "Blog World Report". I haven't laughed so hard all week. Nicely done.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Demeur said...

That about scared the hell out of me. Was that a photoshop of your doing Snave?

7:29 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Aw, you just did such a great job I'm not going to be able to separate it from my memories of the original being played Dr. Demento's radio show.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Very funny post. On a side-note, I find Ann Coulter to be one of the most disgusting public figures alive, along with Al "Tawana Brawley, LoanMax, Crown Heights Riots, Freddie's Fashion Mart" Sharpton (a "civil rights" leader whose words have a body count), Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson, and pretty much any and all politically-active televangelists.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Freida Bee said...

"well-loathed Karl Rove" -this is the type of alliterative allusion to which I refer.

You may not be into meme's, but if you are, tag....

An annoying way to meet. I know.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Funny stuff. Did you write this yourself, Snave? :-)

I particularly like the "screw-the-poor money-whore" line. That was quite good. :-)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks for all your kind comments! Sheryl, I did indeed come up with these words myself... I may try to commit them to musical mayhem at some point. When I do that, I will figger out how to put it on my site so everyone can hear it. Demeur, I wish I could say I did the Rush picture... I think I found it by Googling "evil Limbaugh" or some such thing. Thanks for the PR, Robert! that is a scary picture of Rush indeed, Randal... eeek! 1138, my bandmates beg me not to sing my own words to the songs we do, because they are then unable to think of the songs again any other way... HEH HEH HEH!! I'll check out the meme, Frieda, thanks for stopping by!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Son of Sandy said...

Done good, Snave.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

LOL, great lyrics. Now I'll have "Purple People Eater" running through my head the rest of the evening.

Who Hijacked Our Country

6:53 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

This was so excellent! I loved it, and it was all so true.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net