Saturday, October 06, 2007

I NEVER KNEW...


"Mystery Science Theater 3000" is one of the funniest shows I have ever watched on television. I had never watched an episode of it until this weekend... !

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/

If you have never seen it, I think it isn't on television any more, and that you might be able to rent episodes at some video stores.

Each show features a bad movie, of B level or worse. The shows' commentators, Tom, Joel and Crow (pictured above in silhouette), make snarky comments throughout the movie. The comments are the kind I wish I could come up with even now and then, and the barrage is always so rapid-fire it has me in stitches. Comments are often made in humorous voices and consist of cliches, smart-ass stuff and general sarcasm about the crappiness of the film. Sometimes the commentators comment in unison, which is usually very precisely timed and is ultimately hilarious.

If you love "bad movies" as much as I do, you will probably love "Mystery Science Theater 3000", or "MST3K" as it is known to it's harder-core fans.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I love that show, too. What network is airing it now?

BTW, I think it was filmed in MN. : )

10:17 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Yes Lizzy, it definitely IS a Minnesota product! Three cheers for the Twin Cities!!!

I don't think it's on TV anymore. I watched the "Hercules Unchained" episode and was immediately hooked. I decided to go out and find and purchase Vol. 7 of the DVD collection, which has that movie plus three others. Great stuff!!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Does that mean you also missed MST2K?

Honestly I didn't get much out of either one.
I liked the dumb movies, but the commentary was annoying to me.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

I never could get into that show. It always sounded like something I'd like, but whenever I watched it it just fell flat (for me). Maybe I just wasn't in the right state of mind at the time.

Who Hijacked Our Country

10:25 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

OMG Snave, you didn't know? Oh well, now ya do.

My hubster and I have a favorite line from one of those movies (can't remember the name of it). This actress is trying to ad lib, okay? And she's talking about this guy who exhibits odd behavior because he, like, changes into a werewolf sometimes, okay? So, this actress says, "He's running around, acting weird, and ... DOing things!" And the commentary from the front row was, "Oh no! Not THINGS!"

So, that's our favorite line now. Oh no - not THINGS!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I use to watch that show all the time and laughed my ass off. I think that there is a MST3K movie out there.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net