Tuesday, March 17, 2009

UPDATE AND UPCOMING ABSENCE

I found the above picture at http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/confused_tired_kitten.htm . It isn't one of my kitties, but it looks about like I feel.

Baby Mackie seems to be doing well. He had his sutures removed today and had another blood test. No word on his biopsy yet.

I spent the last few days moving the rest of my daughters' stuff from a house into an apartment. The house was nice and spacious in a quiet neighborhood, but two of the roommates couldn't afford to live there any more and my daughters decided to move to an apartment downtown in the city. So...

A couple of weekends ago, it was U-Haul time for the big items. This past weekend it was mulitple trips from house to apartment with my Prius loaded with boxes of stuff... it's amazing how much you can fit into a Prius! Anyway, lots of lifting, lots of sweat. It was probably good exercise other than falling hard, on my ass and elbows, down the marble stairs in the apartment building entryway! Heh... It's funny how doing stuff like this reminds me I can still do some fairly hard work but that I am not a kid any more.

One of my daughters was quite ill with a bacterial infection, and is still getting out of the woods. Bad time for it, with moving and with finals week and all. I stayed an extra day to help her get to a final exam and to a doctor's appointment. She was having trouble with one of the antibiotics and couldn't hold down any food, but that seems to be getting better now with a change of medications.

I got home late last night (it's a 4-hour drive from where I live to where our daughters live), slept poorly, and am getting a whopper of a head cold... all right before we leave for about ten days. We are going somewhere nice and warm! It will be nice. I will post some pictures while on the trip if possible. Mrs. Snave and I are going birdwatching, and we hope to add multiple species to our "life list"!

If not before then, there will be more stuff here at this blog along about Sunday, March 29. See you then!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Hope you have a great trip, buddy. I would love to go somewhere warm right about now.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I know what you mean, man. I am AWFULLY tired of snow, rain, and cold temps. I am beginning to think that being a "snowbird" when I retire might not be such a bad thing...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Happy traveling! It's going to be 80s most of the week here in Texas. Funny that, while you're headed for warmer climes, I'm jonesing to go visit family in the Seattle area! :-)

3:11 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Carlos, your area is where I am headed! Well, at least your general area. We will be along the Texas coast and southern end of the state for the most part.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Bon voyage and such. Oh, don't forget to make sure you move A-Fraud to #1 on your list for the draft. ;-)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

look forward to your return and i hope your daughter is doing better

2:48 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Right on! Small world. I worked in Corpus Christi the last seven years of my career in the Coast Guard. If you're headed way south, allow me to recommend The Pizza Joint on South Padre Island, and Fina's Cafe in Brownsville. Fina's is a little Mexican joint I really used to like. The Pizza Joint had just about the best pizza I'd had in Texas. Have a great trip. The weather's supposed to be fantastic here over the next couple of weeks!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net