Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P. MICHAEL JACKSON 1958-2009

This guy's life was an American tragedy if there ever was one.
It seems he started out as a storybook fantasy, but gradually devolved into a wretched mess.
Reports of his death say it was from cardiac arrest. Maybe it was from a broken heart...
No matter how weird he became, or how strange he was, I'll always think of him as one of America's great entertainers.
Still after all these years, I love the "Thriller" album.
Thanks for leaving us with your musical legacy.
Rest in peace, Michael.


5 Comments:

Blogger 1138 said...

I was posting about MJ while you were commenting on FF.
What a day.

Yes, a broken heart, my heart goes out to his kids, Prince, Paris, and Prince.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I'll never forget the first time I saw him do the Moonwalk. It was magical.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Beekeepers Apprentice said...

RIP, Michael.

I used to watch him on tv with his brothers when I was a little kid.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

His music was great. I don't usually agree with the general public's musical tastes, but Thriller was an exception. I loved it, and I'm pretty sure it's still the largest selling album of all time.

R.I.P.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

i was not a NJ fan - but thriller was quite an accomplishment -

so now Jackson becomes the next Elvis, Marilyn and James Dean - bigger in death than in life

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net