Thursday, February 17, 2011

AN ORLANDO VACATION MEMORY


My family will vividly recall me laughing out loud during the "parade" at Disney World six or seven years ago, when Mickey came by on a small float. He was smiling and waving, from inside a large (probably) plastic bubble. I was laughing because I imagined him suffocating inside that bubble... frantically pounding at the sides of the bubble with his white gloves, and slumping down, limp, as his air ran out. A sad, yet somehow pleasing image for me. And until now, only my family knew this. Now it is out here on the internets, for all of you to see. 8-)

Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful time at Disney World! But as my kids were nearing the end of high school, I was at the end of about 15 years of non-stop Disney. So imagining Mickey suffering? I consider it my private reward.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Man, I can really relate. My wife and I and our friend Terry went to Disney World three years ago on a vacation. After being there four days I was on total Disney overload.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Well, I am just shocked that you would have such dark evil thoughts about Mickey Mouse.

2:08 PM  
Blogger David Miller said...

I like your post. It really useful to me. Thanks for sharing this useful information!tO KNOW MORE visit here.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net