Monday, February 07, 2011

SASQUATCH LINEUP ANNOUNCED

Here is the 2011 Sasquatch lineup and what I am looking at re. priorities!

Foo Fighters are still on for headlining the Friday show as far as I know. The daily schedule won't be released for a while, so who else is on the Friday bill (or on for any of the other days at what times) is anybody's guess.

My guess is the other three headliners for the following three nights will be Wilco, Flaming Lips and either Death Cab or The Decemberists. (I'm a bit surprised Arcade Fire isn't doing Sasquatch this year, I think lots of people expected them.)

I think the acts supporting the headliners will probably come from a range of artists including either Death Cab or the Decemberists, Bright Eyes (Conor Oberst), Modest Mouse (I think those would be the top three supporting acts), and then the fourth would be from among Iron and Wine, Pink Martini, Beach House, Deerhunter, Wolf Parade...

It all looks good!


1. MY MUST-SEE BANDS:

Deerhunter
Wilco (will be a headliner)
The Flaming Lips (also will headline, and will play "The Soft Bulletin" in its entirety)
Beach House (I can't wait!)
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings (I don't have anything but a few download tracks, but I think they will be great live)
Rodrigo y Gabriela (not something I listen to a lot on CDs but they are a must-see live)
Foo Fighters (Friday night headliner - I am not a major fan, but I understand they put on a terrific concert and am looking forward to hearing them!)

2. I WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO SEE THESE (I would only miss if one of the above acts was scheduled at the same time):

Black Mountain
Guided By Voices (!!!)
Local Natives
Old 97’s
Yeasayer
Bright Eyes
Iron and Wine
Flying Lotus
Death From Above 1979
Pink Martini (the ultimate lounge act, replete with strings, etc.)
The Thermals
Bonobo (DJ set)
Wolf Parade
Archers of Loaf
Ratatat
Flogging Molly

3. IF SOMETHING ELSE IS SCHEDULED AT THE SAME TIME IT’S O.K., BUT I WILL STILL TRY TO SEE THESE BANDS:

The Decemberists
Death Cab For Cutie
Modest Mouse
Robyn
Chromeo
Bassnectar
Sleigh Bells

4. THE REST OF THESE I KNOW VIRTUALLY NOTHING ABOUT (SO IT’S TIME TO GET BUSY AND STUDY THEM!):
Matt and Kim
Cold War Kids
Against Me!
Best Coast
MSTRKRFT
Major Lazer
Jenny and Johnny (this act is supposed to be very good from what I have heard and read)
Surfer Blood
!!!
CSS
Gayngs
Tokyo Police Club
Das Racist
Noah and the Whale (I have heard snippets of these guys, they don't sound bad)
The Radio Dept.
Reggie Watts
Fitz and the Tantrums
Smith Westerns
The Head and the Heart
The Antlers (with a name like this, they HAVE to be halfway decent)
The Drums
Sharon Van Etten
K-os
City and Colour
Young the Giant
Moondoggies
Twin Shadow
Secret Sisters
Aloe Blacc
Villagers
Sam Roberts Band
Wye Oak
Rival Schools
Foster the People
Alberta Cross
S. Carey
White Denim
Cotton Jones
Basia Bulat
Other Lives
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
The Bronx
Gold Panda
Tim Minchin
Pepper Rabbit

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Splash said...

Snave-

You must move Guided By Voices to your must see category. They are so great on this reunion tour.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks, Dave! I saw them in Portland at the Crystal Ballroom, and even got to have my picture taken with Mitch afterward!! They were definitely FABULOUS!

I have seen them three times now, with the classic lineup, in the Cobra Verde mutation, and in the more recent version with Slusarenko, Gillard, etc. And I would not mind seeing them again.

The problem is that they are playing on Monday. Beach House and the Flaming Lips aren't playing on Monday, but all those others I mentioned in that top list are... sigh... If there is a conflict with GbV it will just about kill me, sure. I absolutely will not miss Deerhunter, I know that much. For any of the others? I will have to think about it!

Sasquatch will release detailed daily schedules during the next few weeks, I think. Until then... I wait on pins and needles! 8-)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net