Monday, February 28, 2011

A THOUGHT ABOUT WORDS IN RED

I like this old Bible my mom had and eventually gave to me.

In it, the words of Christ are all in red. The rest of the book is o.k., but to me it is those words in red that are what the book is really about. Why do so many people forget about those words in red and focus on the ones written by others? And those written by the hallucinating guy whose verses supposedly forecast "end times"?

I have always thought that if more people followed the example of Christ, the world would be a much better place. I am not what most people would call a Christian, but I believe there is a bit of Christ in all of us, and we can know this if we bother to look around inside ourselves and find it.

Read the words in red. Do all the other words really matter as much?

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” - Mahatma Gandhi

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Harper said...

Nice quote by Gandhi. Another favorite quote of his: He was being mobbed at an airport, and a reporter asked him what he thought of Western civilization. He replied:

"That would be a great idea."

1:49 PM  
Blogger Darrell Michaels said...

Indeed the world would be a much better place if we all heeded the words in red, myself included unfortunately.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Ghandi had it right. I agree, I have one of those Bibles too and when you read the words in red, which are such a small amount of the whole book, it is clear what Jesus was all about. But you'd never know it from most of the stuff people who call themselves Christian go around doing and saying.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net