Sunday, July 18, 2004

Snorkeling Adventure

I could have never told you about this, but it's just too great to keep it to myself.  During our recent Florida trip I was snorkeling in beautiful, 4-5-foot-deep clear water alongside Fort Jefferson at Dry Tortugas National Park.  I stood to empty the saltwater from my mask, and noticed something floating nearby.  It was roughly the size of a 2-inch cube, and it looked like a piece of dark wood bark.  Maybe a bark chip?  I thoughtfully lifted it from the water, between the thumb and first two fingers of my right hand... and realized the surface was smooth, and that the object had some weight to it.  At that point, the theme from "Caddyshack" began blaring in my head.  I let the waterlogged object go, and watched it float slowly away as I sniffed my hand just to make sure.  The "Caddyshack" theme played louder.  I fought two battles then:  controlling my laughter, and keeping the vomit down.  Panicking, I realized I would never live down my adventure of that day:  Turd Snorkeling in the Dry Tortugas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net