Monday, December 27, 2004

GEORGE CARLIN SPEAKS

"This is a little prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen."- George Carlin, Saturday Night Live

"When it comes to God's existence, I'm not an atheist and I'm not an agnostic. I'm an acrostic. The whole thing puzzles me."- George Carlin, When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."- George Carlin


3 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

You think Carlin entered rehab because of the state the country is in? While it might be one reason, he admitted to an alcohol and drug problem.

In a statement (Source CNN), Carlin, 67, said, "I'm going into rehab because I use too much wine and Vicodin. No one told me I needed this; I recognized the problem and took the step myself."

Good timing on this post :)
Lois Lane

9:33 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Heh! Must have been something like a synchronicity... I read your message and thought "Huh, I didn't know that." Then a few minutes ago I heard the story on CNN.

Good luck, George!

It will be interesting to see, after his rehab, if he does a new routine in which he mentions himself and Rush Limbaugh in the same breath...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Rush Limbaugh and George Carlin... Hmmm. I guess the analogy stops at rehab. Addicted or not, Carlin is a genius, who has often made the world a better place for me to live in. As for Limbaugh, well, don't get me started...

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net