Sunday, June 18, 2006

BRIEF UPDATE

Kit and I are back from a birdwatching trip to Arizona. We had been planning it for 6 or 7 months, so decided to go anyway. We got my parents set up with some good help, and they did o.k. while we were gone. We saw lots of great birds, lots of wonderful scenery, met some nice people, and most of all I was reminded once again that I am married to the most wonderful person in the world!

I am in Hermiston, OR at the moment, at a motel. We will go pick up our Prius in about half an hour, and then we will drive the 90-or-so minutes back to La Grande. We will have about an hour there, and then we will drive my parents to Boise, where Dad is having a defibrillator installed. Wish us luck, he's still pretty weak.

I see that not much happened while we were gone on our trip. The breakfast room at the motel had FOX "News" on this morning, and from watching five minutes of it I gleaned the following: we are winning the war in Iraq, Al-Qaeda will attack us at any moment, Bush is on the comeback trail, and Tony Snow appears to be splitting time between FOX and the White House... or are FOX and the White House one and the same? What a bunch of claptrap. I did manage to pick up a McPaper (USA Today) and read that our sterling Supreme Court made it o.k. for evidence acquired when cops don't announce they're busting in to be used in court, breaking a pattern of the past 100 years. What will it be next, o.k. to search without a warrant at any time? Being on vacation was so nice, not having to hear about, read about and/or see that kind of bullshit for a week or so.

We'll be staying with my Mom for the next few days in Boise, either at a motel or at the hospital, while Dad has his procedure. More news as more happens!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Good luck in Boise, buddy.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

What it means is that we are one (lock) step closer to becoming a fascist nation.


I'll keep a good thought for your Dad. Looking forward to your return.

7:49 PM  
Blogger GTX said...

If my thoughts on your entire family helps then I be there wishing well.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net