Sunday, July 16, 2006

PICTURES, AS PROMISED FROM EARLIER

Blogger wouldn't let me post pictures until today, so here are a few I had planned on posting with earlier articles. I make no apologies for the snarky comments below. As the Dixie Chicks, still at #4 after seven weeks on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart (take that, Chick-bashers!) sing on their disc "Taking The Long Way": I'm "Not Ready To Make Nice".

Speaking of nice, I love it that while Ann Coulter's newest book "Godless" is still #4 on the New York Times bestseller's list, it has dropped to #18 at Amazon.com, behind:
2. Conservatives Without Conscience by John Dean
5. An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore
6. The One Percent Doctrine by Ron Suskind
Barnes and Noble has "Godless" at #47, but well behind Dean, Gore and Suskind. MC Fred, was it you who mentioned something about groups buying large quantities of such books to distribute to their minions (left or right), and that this is how these books get to be so high up on the charts initially, then may tend to drop off suddenly?

Anyway, that was a vicadin-induced tangent, best left to be expanded upon another time.

Here are the pictures. Enjoy!


Our Country Club Napoleon, a "little man", with theocracy, nation-building, and world domination on his mind.



No comment necessary.

Larry, it isn't just Ann... they are ALL on oxycontin. Hillbilly heroin... black tar... DOPE, that is.


The Coultergeist. (Thanks to Sue W. of "Susie's Sharp Points" - see links - for alerting me that very appropriate nickname for Ann Coulter!) Maybe this look is from being too wasted at too many Grateful Dead shows! Heh... she claims to be a "Deadhead". While the Dead's fan base is all-inclusive, she really doesn't seem much like any Deadheads I have known. She may or may not be a Deadhead, but I do believe she is dead from the neck up.


Two dudes.

Also, for what it's worth, this is my 896th post on this weblog, and there are 918 days left for the Bush administration. If I post to my blog daily, I may make post #907 when there are 907 days left. I think a good goal will be 2,000 posts by the time he is finally out of office.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

That picture of Napoleon Bushomite is just too great. I'm going to have to steal it and forward it on to some folks.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Go right ahead! It is the kind of stuff that needs to be spread far and wide across this great land! 8-)>

4:45 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

I wish I could claim responsibility for that comment about the reason for initial sales being huge and then dropping off, but I can't. It does make a sort of sense. Another possibility is the opening weekend phenomenon we see with blockbuster movies. Huge buzz equals huge opening sales. However, the true success of a book is measured in how it's remembered in a year, or two, or five, etc. I don't see Ann Coulter's book being remembered any more than Senator Clinton's book in a few years after the initial buzz has worn off, and that's only fitting, since neither has a personality one would expect to see this side of hell.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net