Friday, July 06, 2007

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED. HAVE YOU BEEN TAGGED BY ME? HEH HEH... YOU HOPE NOT!

Woody Tobias, Jr. of the Gay Agenda (see links) tagged me! I have to post eight random factos or habits about myself.

1. I am paralyzed by heights... sometimes. I can become petrified with fear when I get about four or five feet up a ladder, but I can stand close to the edge of a cliff or the edge of a roof without being bothered too much.

2. I don't like any kind of cheese that has the slightest scent. Somehow my senses of taste and smell combine strongly enough that about the only cheeses I can stand to eat are cheddar, jack, American, Colby and mozzarella.

3. I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) that manifests in hoarding/collecting, counting, and checking behaviors.

4. I can often tell what classic rock song is playing on the radio when I hear less than one second of the song.

5. I actually voted for a Republican in a presidential election once (Gerald Ford in 1976, when I was too young to know any better). I have changed parties from Democrat to Republican several times to vote in Oregon's closed primary elections for local Republicans I like, and then I've changed back to Democrat, or most recently to Green.

6. My first car was a black 1962 Rambler Classic, a very ugly car that was recognizable all over town. The police used to pull me over a lot because I had hair past my shoulders (this was in 1974-1975).

7. My wife and I met as a result of me answering a "personals ad" her sister put in the Seattle Weekly. My wife didn't know the ad had been submitted at the time. She got 38 responses to the ad, I was one of the two she went out with. She decided to go out with me because I Sealed the letter I sent her with a Felix the Cat sticker.

8. I did not learn to tie my shoe until I was about nine, and I ate my boogers until I was about 11 or 12.

So there are the facts on me. Here are the rules, as stated to me by Woody, Jr.:
1. All RIght, here are the RUles.
2. We HAVe to post these RUles beFORE we give you the facts.
3. PlAYers start with eight RANdom facts/HAbits about thEMSElves.
4. PEople who are tagGED need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these RUles.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagGED and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a COmment telling them they’re tagGED, and to read your blog.

Thus, I now tag the following (all are listed in my links):

J.Marquis of "Major Conflict"
Lizzy of "The OCD Gen-X Liberal"
Chaotic Fred of "Mandelbrot's Order From Chaos"
Kvatch of "Blognonymous"
Damien Morgan of "Couch Warfare"
Tom Harper of "Who Hijacked Our Country?"
Elvez73 of "When the World is Running Down"
Sheryl Zettner of "A Thought Vacuum"

14 Comments:

Blogger Tom Harper said...

Oh God, I hate these moments, but, uhhh...I just can't do this. I've been tagged for a lot of different things over the past 2-1/2 to 3 years (since I started blogging) and I always have to turn it down. Not that I have this dark sinister side or anything (really!) but I just can't bring myself to talk about personal aspects of myself. There's nothing to hide; I'd just bore you all to death.

But thanks anyway...

2:25 AM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I'll make you a deal...normally I don't participate in this "tag" stuff. But since YOU asked I will reveal some deep dark stuff.

However, since many of the folks you mentioned would be on my list, I won't bother tagging them.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Ah, boogers. Delicious!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Bobby Bittman said...

How are ya?

I'm startin ta feel sorry for Kvatch. Lola Heatherton tagged him too.

I met one of my ex-wives through the personals, too.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Good list. I could relate to some of them.

1. The only problem with heights that I have are bridges and airplanes.

2. I am a huge fan of all cheeses. The scent doesn't bother me.

3. OCD? Yes-sir-ee-bob! But mine manifests a little differently.

4. Less than one second? That is very impressive. Seriously.

5. I voted for one Republican once myself. It was one of the first elections that I could vote in and I didn't know any better either. But, in my own defense, at least he was pro-choice.

6. Sounds like a beauty! ; )

7. Awww. Great story.

8. Although I didn't eat my boogers, I can relate. I'll explain in my own post.

Thanks for tagging me(?) I'll try to get my list together this week.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Snave...you're a little late to this party, as I already did 7 random facts about a week ago. But just to show you that I'm a good sport, on 7/7/07, here's an eighth. ;-)

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your number 5 is interesting. I too voted Republican exactly once--Arne Carlson for Governor of Minnesota.

On the Presidential front however, I've never voted any way but Democrat, never switched parties, and am eternally bitter that I was just slightly too young to vote against Reagan in 1980.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

#8 was special, Snave. Hahahaha

OK, I can do this. Thanks for including me. :-)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Doh, thanks for the tag, I think, I'll have to work on my list now, and as for the childhood boogey eating Snave, well lets just say some of the things I ingested as a child are just as gross!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

I've done mine, and I've left out the demons I have about my first entry.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jolly Roger said...

Gerald Ford was a good man. You can certainly be forgiven for that one.

I was trying to explain to my wife how much looser the United States was in 1976. We had our problems, but compared to today things were a hell of a lot better in almost every regard.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

OMG, The last one slayed me. Now, as for the heights bit, I am kind of like that too. For example, I am scared shitless to hop off of a two foot curb but do not mind aeroplanes. I get dizzy as hell in a stadium and hate climbing up a mountain. Once I froze on a mountain. Not literally, but it is called ledge locked or something. I had climbed down the mountain (parked at the top) and we were going back up and I freaked and I thought they were going to have to get a rescue crew.

The wife story, priceless.

What is up with all the OCD? My friend's daughter has been diagnosed with that. They put her on some pills, but it is not working. What does one do about OCD?

2:56 PM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

I still eat my boogers.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Scheise, PT!!! 8-)>

OCD can manifest in many different ways, Pursey. At my blog there are some links I provided about OCD, you need only scroll down a ways. Hopefully there will be some good info there for you!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net