Tuesday, August 21, 2007

BUSY BUSY BUSY

I don't know if I will be able to post a lot during the next few days, but I will try. This is what is on my plate:

- Heading to Richland, WA for back x-ray and check-up with neurologist today

- Going to Portland to see Wilco tomorrow, coming back on Thursday

- Going camping on Imnaha River Friday through Sunday

- Going to work Monday, getting ready for school year

- Going to Portland again on Sunday of Labor Day weekend to see Spamalot

Adding to all of this is that one of our two computers has crashed, and it's the one with all the photo software, printer and other things installed.

This past Saturday we took yet another trip to Portland and got ourselves a nice spotting scope for birdwatching. We will be learning to use it during the coming weeks as we save some money for a camera mount so we can (hopefully) use the set-up to take some professional quality pictures of wildlife.

I will have a camera along throughout much of the above, so maybe I'll post some pictures soon.

The usual ecstasies/miseries:

Michael Vick may actually have to do some prison time.

General Petraeus will give us the "progress report"... when else... on September 11!

The ugly specter of a Fred Thompson presidency continues to rear its ghastly head. He is active in Iowa right now, even though he hasn't declared his candidacy.

Obama would like to ease some of the Bush restrictions on Cuba to allow Cuban-American families to see each other more often and for those in America to send more money to families in Cuba.

Bloomberg says he isn't running for president but would like to "influence the dialogue".

And best or worst, depending on how you choose to look at it: 517 days left. I look at it this way... at least that number continues to decrease!

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom Harper said...

Is that for real? Petraeus' "progress report" will be given on 9/11? Gag! Just when you think our "leaders" couldn't possibly get any more phony or contrived...

Who Hijacked Our Country

11:49 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Just reading what you have on your plate wore me out.

Get yer barf bags ready for the "Petraeus" "report," yes, to be delivered on 9/11, written by the White House and made for TV.

Have a good time with everything,
Snave, and I hope the PC troubles are easily dealt with. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Chandira said...

Enjoy your camping trip and bird watching! :-) I hope this weather gets better, Seattle's crappy today.

Ack, that's why I don't watch TV, damn politicians.. They're worse than Disney for making up cheesy plots.

2:49 PM  
Blogger LET'S TALK said...

I know I could not keep up with you Snave, be safe. I am awaiting the Petraeus report and his testimonies in the Senate

3:01 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Oh man Snave, I'm so jealous, seeing Wilco in P-town, give us a recap of the show if you can, good luck with everything.

5:10 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

But it won't be the Petraeus Report - it's been reported that the White House will write the report, not the General.

the General is only going to testify, it's not going to be HIS evaluation in the report.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Wow, Snave, you certainly are a busy bee.

Speaking of birdwatching, I finally saw a hummingbird today. I've never seen one in MN. It was super-cool. So tiny!

Vick should do the maximum time...and when he gets released from prison, I hope a pack of wild dogs inflicts some serious karma on him.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

517 days is plenty of time to put the finishing touches on the one party fascist dictatorship. Scary days..

Oh, and have a great time camping.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Dave Splash said...

I'm seeing Wilco in October. Always a good show - love those guys.

I'm sure the 11th was the only day the busy General was able to read his prepared remarks (prepared by the White House, of course). Nothing suspicious there, right?

Fuckin' Michael Vick. I hope he becomes someone's bitch in prison.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Lynn@ZelleBlog said...

Hope you have fun! I love birds. Take pics!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! You're going to love Spamalot. I saw it in New York on my birthday a year or two ago, and it was awesome!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Hi Snave. Glad to see you are busy. I've been busier than usual this week as well, but I wanted to drop by and tell you that I had been installing my audio programs on my new computer so I can try home recording some again.

Anyway, hugs!, Sheryl

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net