Friday, September 14, 2007

WAY TOO BUSY TO BLOG

I haven't had any time or energy to write anything on this blog for the last week or so. My younger daughter is heading off to college today, and my wife and I have been helping her sort through her things and get packed. With my older daughter having moved out of the house and into an apartment here in town, and now with our younger one leaving for school at the other end of the state, we also have some massive housecleaning and reorganization ahead of us. It's both a fun time and a sad time for us... The kids are growing up and heading out into the world, and we will more-or-less be "empty nesters". I'll miss having the kids around, but I doubt they will miss my farting and belching all that much. I have a hunch they will miss my teasing, they'll miss their mom and me, and they will miss Baby Mackie, Bonnie and Abby. But life shifts around, it changes, and different life priorities emerge. While it has been hard to think of my 19- and 20-year-olds as young adults, it is becoming easier.

I'll probably post something here next week. In the meantime, check out some places on my list of links, and take a peek back here on Monday or Tuesday. See you soon!

11 Comments:

Blogger PoliShifter said...

Take care dude!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Ouch,man, I would think that your situation mostly sucks. Get used to the empty nest and come back kickin' ass!

2:12 PM  
Blogger FunkyTown Fighter said...

Very understandable see you later take care!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Take care of yourself, and I look forward to your return. Life is life.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Yeah, it's a big shift. But change is a necessary part of life.

Hang in there, buddy.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

I hope you aren't too sad, but maybe you and your wife will also extra private time together. Buy her some roses and have a candlelight dinner or something she'd find romantic.

5:37 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

There his is!!!
I knew you wouldn't be gone Snave, not you.
Time for a renewal of the couple now - you'll enjoy it.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Very understandable indeed. Take care, Snavaroo.

9:29 PM  
Blogger SouthLoopScot said...

Now you can start living YOUR lives!
Enjoy the freedom! (Don't worry, they'll still need your help)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Hey that's great, Snave! Looking forward to your return...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Yes, life is full of poignant changes. Good luck with everything.

Who Hijacked Our Country

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net