Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PHOTOS FROM CAMPING TRIP 8/24-8/26

Day 1: Wallowa Valley, looking south from Oregon highway 82 near Enterprise.


Chief Joseph Mountain and Hurricane Creek Canyon as seen from highway near Enterprise.


Sheep Creek Canyon along Oregon highway 350 between Joseph and Imnaha (pronounced im-NA-ha).

The Post Office in downtown Imnaha, population 25 or so.


A pastoral scene along the Imnaha River Road.


This two-point buck mule deer was a visitor at our campsite.


"Chippy Camp".


Day 2 included a side-trip to the Hells Canyon Overlook. This is looking SE from the viewpoint. The canyon is the deepest in the United States.


Looking NE into Idaho, with Hells Canyon country in the foreground and the Seven Devils Mountains on the horizon.


Looking north at Hells Canyon Overlook.


The Imnaha River just below our campsite on the morning of Day 3.


More of the river.


The "sitting place", looking west up the Imnaha River Canyon.


On the way home, highway 350 looking west toward Joseph, OR offers a nice view of the Wallowa Mountains. Twin Peak is the high, pointy mountain to the left. Ruby Peak is to the right.

Hurricane Creek Canyon as seen from highway 82 near Enterprise.

All in all it was a great campout! I'm in no shape yet for backpacking or strenuous hiking, but car-camping is fine for now. In this part of the world, I may not care for the politics but the outdoor opportunities are tremendous! Hope you enjoyed the photos!

And yes, I know the dates say January 2000, but that's my fault for not figuring out how to get the date reset correctly on my camera! Heh!

4 Comments:

Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Damn, Dood, if there is a heaven, I be it looks alot like that. Your trip must have been awesome.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

But were you able to catch a glimpse of the rare Idaho Stall-Stalker?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks, UL! Come on out this way sometime, I'll take you on a tour!

Robert, I didn't get any glimpses of Soft Shoe Larry, but I am actually rather glad I didn't. The outhouses were all one-holers, so I doubt he would have had the chance to proposition me.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Son of Sandy said...

Great photos. Good trip? Most of my photos would have been smoke.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net