Monday, January 03, 2005

SNAVE'S 2004 TELEVISION THOUGHTS

When I watch TV, I tend to watch news, PBS, sports and movies. Occasionally I will watch a crime/medical show (my wife likes those) or a cartoon (the kids have them on from time to time). So, from a limited TV perspective:

Happy television discovery:
“The Venture Brothers” on Cartoon Network: imagine a demented takeoff on “Jonny Quest”… and you have this show. It keeps me in stitches!

Television hell:
Ken Jennings’ run on “Jeopardy!”

Stuff I got tired of hearing about on TV:
Paris Hilton – come on guys, is she really THAT exciting?
Scott Peterson murder and trial – it went on and on and on.
Martha Stewart – she can stay in jail for a long time as far as I’m concerned.
Michael Jackson – I couldn’t give a darn about his nose or what he does.
Same-sex marriage – too much ado about too little, in my opinion.
Semen - just watch the CSI shows, Law and Order: SVU or pretty much any medical crime program and you will hear about semen at least once every 15-20 minutes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I had to stop watching Jeopardy during the Ken Jennings marathon. I'm sure their ratings took a big hit after he'd been on there a while.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I was given Seasons 1 and 2 of Family Guy for Christmas... I already had Season 3, and the stuff just about slays me. Just looking at Peter's chin, which is drawn to look like a pair of testicles, can send me into fits of laughter. I was also given volume 2 of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, which includes the one about the frog ("Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal...!") Not much finer stuff. I'll have to check into the Birdman show you mentioned. I already can't wait for the Venture Bros. DVD set, which is supposedly due in fall of 2005!

Gotta have some of that hilarity around for when I start asking myself "Why are we in this handbasket and where are we going in such a hurry?"

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net