Friday, September 29, 2006

A WONDERFUL, TIMELESS, CLASSIC JOKE FOR YOU!


Bob Stoops, the Oklahoma football coach, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around.

They came to a modest little house with a faded Sooner flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Bob," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Bob felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Green and Yellow sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Oregon Duck flag, and in every window, a Duck.

Bob looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was a good coach, I went to three consecutive bowl games, won a national championship, and turned around Oklahoma's entire program."

God said "So what do you want to know, Bob?"

"Well, why does Mike Belotti get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Bob, that's not Mike's house, it's mine."

6 Comments:

Blogger David said...

It's a good joke. It even translates across the Atlantic.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Yes! I consider it timeless because you can substitute names of idols and wannabes from sports, Hollywood, politics, etc. and it still works! Thanks for stopping by, David!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Amen, Brother Snave. Ducks rule!

6:31 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ahhh same joke here in texas..but with thom landry ...ha

10:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a Fresno State Bulldog fan, I can't say I like your joke. . . I'm way to bitter about that game 3 weeks ago

11:59 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I can't blame you for that, Mark. But you could substitute the name of a rival coach for Stoops, and Pat Hill/Fresno for Bellotti, and you would have a great joke!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net