Friday, September 01, 2006

GO DUCKS!


  • I'm off to Eugene, Oregon to watch my Oregon Ducks play Stanford. It will be a good thing to get out of La Grande and take a couple of days before heading back to work on Tuesday. Work will be hectic for a week or so, because I missed the actual first week due to my father's death and due to the funeral and burial on Tuesday, but I will get caught up.
  • My family all wanted me to go to this game, as I have had a ticket for some time now... and the last time I watched my beloved Ducks was in 1983! (That was one of the worst NCAA games EVER played in any sport, a 0-0 tie with our archrival Oregon State Beavers in 38 degrees and pouring rain.) During the last 23 years, the Ducks have risen to a level of national semi-prominence, and now I finally get to share in that a little.
  • My family and I are doing well. Thanks so much to all of you for your thoughts and your kind comments re. my father!
  • See you Monday.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Go Ducks! Hope you had a good time.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Go Ducks! Glad to hear you and your family are well, and glad to hear that your team has more going for it than the fact that they're not the New Orleans Saints. :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger GTX said...

It will be the game.
Good luck, I mean, good Duck.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Have a great time!! Hugs!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Glad to see the ducks destroyed Stanford. Go Ducks!!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks, everyone! The Ducks did indeed whup up on Stanford, and they displayed a defense and running game that MC would have appreciated! Sheryl, it was indeed a great time, and Joao, the Ducks did have luck! Lots of it!

By the way, MC, that Irons guy from Auburn had an incredible game Saturday! I may not be able to pull for the Crimson Tide with too much enthusiasm, but I kinda like Auburn. Which one of those two is your favorite?

Major, the Washington Huskies may not be as bad this year as they were last year.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

I'm a fan of the Crimson Tide, though I think they should've gone with Sylvester Croom instead of an inexperienced Mike Shula. If they start placing more tough teams on their schedule and start winning those games, I may start to have more respect for the once-great Crimson Tide. On a different note, if this is what SoCal calls a "rebuilding year", everyone else is screwed.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Ick... no kidding, MC. No matter how good my Ducks really are, I can't imagine anything but a blowout at the hands of USC in LA...

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net