Tuesday, July 10, 2007

THANKS FOR THE HONOR, AND MY APOLOGIES TO THOSE WHO HONORED ME BEFORE BUT LIKE A DUMBSHIT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANT - THANKS TO YOU TOO!


A while back someone tagged this blog as a Thinking Blog, but I didn't know what that meant, and I spaced it out. Was that you, Lizzy? To whoever it was, I apologize for not acknowledging the honor in the way I should have. Now, Two Crows of "Preserve, Protect and Defend" has also tagged me with this honor. Normally, if you get tagged as a Thinking Blogger, you are supposed to tag five more bloggers, but because I know I have been tagged two times, I feel the need to honor ten blogs instead of the usual five. Here they are, and if you want to go visit them, they are listed in my list of links at the right. Surf and enjoy!

Major Conflict - J. Marquis' blog is absolutely cool. He posts his own astute comments along with some of the best articles he culls from the internet. J. puts up good pictures and illustrations, and he is never one to shy away from a fight or debate. Besides, he is a great lefty!

The OCD Generation X Liberal - namely, Lizzy. Whether she is posting her excellent links, her great commentary, or pictures of her smushy-faced dogs, it is a great place to go for thought fodder and a healthy dose of love and humanity.

Pissed on Politics - Polishifter is often angry, and I think that is a good thing... because I also tend to think he gets angry about things we should ALL be angry about! He goes about it in a very incisive manner, dissecting and shredding current political events in ways that make the perpetrators look like fools. Power to the pen! Keep up the great work!

Couch Warfare - Damien Morgan is an art hero in my world. His blog contains some of the best original political artwork I've seen anywhere. It's ART, not merely illustration. Plus, he has a good grasp on what's right and wrong, and it comes out in his posts and comments.

A Thought Vacuum - Sheryl is someone who has a lot on her mind, and the thing is, the things she has on her mind are captivating and interesting. She is a good progressive, and she loves art and music. She often posts links and information about good music we won't hear on the radio in America, and she is very dedicated to ridding our country's government of neocons.

Liberty Lost - Like Polishifter, 1138 is often angry, and angry about things we should all be paying more attention to but aren't. He often speaks from experience. He deeply values humanity and all our welfare. Check out his site!

Who Hijacked Our Country? - Tom Harper tells things like it is. He lives in a small town like I do, and thus he gets to experience rural conservatism at its finest; I can identify with most of his perspectives. Tom is the master of posting quotes and using cross-outs in a creative manner to reveal true, hidden meanings. Thanks for being there and being thoughtful, Tom!

Mandelbrot's Order From Chaos - Chaotic Farting Fred ("MC") is a blog friend of mine. We may not always agree on a number of political issues, but we agree on enough things to realize that the rift between right and left is nonexistent more often that it is present. More people need to visit his weblog, as he writes well, injects equal amounts of fact and emotion into his posts, links to good music, and isn't afraid to tweak a nerve here or there!

Blognonymous - Kvatch is Der Frog Kommander. Go to his fine weblog not just for information and talking points, but for A GOOD TIME! There is occasionally a friendly poetry competition, there are often good snarky posts and comments, and it is for people who like to think. The group of people who comments there on a very regular basis is too fun a bunch to miss out on!

The Dark Stuff - I go to Howard Davis' blog (J. Marquis also writes there now from time to time!) for culture. Howard has some good podcasts available, and he loves good music. He is also good at provoking thought when it comes to his political views. I love his weblog!
PT Cruiser - PT has a particular activity down to a fine art form. If you want to know what it is, you need to go visit his weblog. His weblog makes me think, and his job is making as many people think as he possibly can. Go to his site, and learn!
Whoops, that's eleven! Oh well... !

Some others I didn't mention that deserve mention (see my links) are When the World is Running Down, Lew Scannon is Unbrainwashed, Morning Martini, Reconstitution, Undeniable Liberalism, Truth Serum, Sumo Merriment, Getexis, and The Gay Agenda. I didn't have enough slots to tag them all... but I would endorse them for being tagged as Thinking Blogs, should any of you want to visit their sites and award them!

As Two Crows told me, here are the things to remember about the Thinking Blogger Award:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
Two Crows, I hadn't been to your weblog before today. Thanks again, and I think your blog is a goodie! It's now linked here at this site! Also, how do I display the thinking blogger award and link to this post? Yes, I DO live in a cave! 8-)> Thanks!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Thanks, Snave. I appreciate what you said.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

You're welcome J.! I always read ALL of the articles and items you post. You are a thinker, and when you aren't posting your own thoughts, you post thoughts of other good thinkers! Keep it going!

I sometimes think of hanging it up re. the blog thing, but then again I have so much fun and get so much inspiration from the blogs I visit that it would be hard to stop.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Thanks Snave!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Thanks for your very kind words, Snave. Right back at ya, my friend.

Was it me that originally tagged you? You betcha!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Dave Splash said...

Thanks for the mention!!

10:25 AM  
Blogger GTX said...

We all only live once, so all this frenetic and boiling heat steam that foams your mind in shape of thoughts is FVNTASTIC and contagious.
Thanks Snave to make ourselves remember that we are alive and kicking.
(sometimes we just forget that without knowing)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Snave, thanks for the mention, your blog most certainly qualifies as a thinking blog in my opinion, I read most of the blogs you nominated and the ones I don't I will check out.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Thanks for the award, Snave!! And for the music recommendation last night. Did you like the links I sent?

I didn't fully understand that this was a tag thingy when you mentioned it last night. I hope I live up to your generous description. It was very kind of you!!! Hugs!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Thanks, though I don't know how representative I am of the typical conservative. I don't have a moderate bone in my body; it's just that my radicalism is either to the right or left depending on the issue. :) Then again, my core belief is in anything that expands and/or preserves individual liberties, which does provide for both intellectual honesty and consistency. I also believe that doing the right thing is always right, and that progress should always keep as a goal the preservation of the good from our past.

If I didn't have the blog, I'd drive everyone around me even crazier than I do. lol

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net