Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'LL BE BACK IN A FEW DAYS

I have a lot to blather about. This is getting to be quite the election year!

Before I can really get back to you to do that, I need to finish loading a U-Haul full of my kids' stuff tonight, and then tomorrow I need to drive it to the town where they are going to college. We'll unload some of it tomorrow night, and then some friends will help us unload the bigger things Saturday. I'm guessing that by Sunday or Monday, if I can still move, I will have some really horrific things to say about Republicans. Also, for Pissed-Off Patricia of Morning Martini, I will post some cat pictures of Baby Mackie, Abby the Crabby Tabby, Zeva, and Zeke (aka The Zeaker, Phreaker, Schtinkenheimer, Schittenhammar, and Phreakie Deakie Doo!)

Have a fun few days! If I can still walk by Labor Day after all the lifting, then I should also be able to write some good inflammatory, emotionally-charged words about how Republican politicians are basically full of scheiese. About how they embrace fascism with open arms, how they goose-step, how they want to kill people who disagree with their politics, etc. It will be FUN!!! Even if I CAN'T walk, I'll write. See you then!

9 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

Aw yes, the infamous "going away to college" move. I feel for you. Good luck.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

I hope you didn't jinx yourself. Don't drop any boxes on your fingers!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

"Saying horrific things about Republicans" -- now you stop that right now. We all need to rally around our president and support him in his hour of need. That's what a Real American would do :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Have a good weekend, buddy!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

have some fun
oh to be in college again

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to have a Republican around, their bad judgment reminds us not to make poor decisions.

9:41 AM  
Blogger S.W. Anderson said...

Good luck, and remember, Jim Beam takes up where Tiger Balm leaves off.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

I found this funny video at 236.com that pretty much explains the RNC's entire platform. Enjoy. :)

http://www.236.com/video/2008/swiftkids_rudy_giuliani_4595.php

As for the move, OUCH! My favorite pain reliever is Goody's headache powders, though I don't know if you have them in Oregon. The orange flavor isn't COMPLETELY disgusting and is easily masked by the flavor of a good root beer or Sprite. As for effectiveness, think of an Excedrin in powder form. Good stuff.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Thanks for all your well-wishes! The move went pretty well at the load-up end. No lifting injuries. Lots of Motrin and careful lifting saved the day.

The 5-hour drive in the Spew-Haul truck wasn't totally awful. The thing only got about 8 miles a gallon, but oh well, it did the job.

Yesterday while unloading heavy stuff, I felt a sharp twang right on the spot where I had back surgery (spinal fusion) a couple years ago, so I "shut things down". A burly neighbor came over and helped my younger daughter's boyfriend carry the hide-a-bed couch, a large sewing machine and a desk into the house. More Motrin and a good soak in the tub helped lots, especially when followed by a couple of stouts.

Today it rained, and there is a lot of moss where the kids live. I slipped on some, landed on my bad knee, and wrenched my back some more. Whew... But I am still moving around o.k. I will just have to baby my spine and left knee for about a week.

And the move is done! Now, back to bad-mouthing Republican politicians.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net