Friday, July 10, 2009

OFF TO BASEBALL, MUSIC AND BUDDIES

I'm off to Seattle for a few days to play some music with four good friends I was in a really fun band with in college, to see a Seattle Mariners baseball game, and to have a visit with good friends J. Marquis and David. I'll be back here next Tuesday or so. I will post a few pictures from the trip.

A quick parting political note: I was listening to NPR this morning, and Steve Inskeep was interviewing Eric Cantor. He asked Cantor, who has already declared Obama's plan a failure, how long would he give Obama? I.e., what is a reasonable amount of time for Obama to fix the mess he inherited? Cantor didn't answer the first time, but sidestepped the question. Steve asked twice more, and Cantor still wouldn't give an answer like "six more months" or "the first few months was enough", etc. Go figure! I hope things start to show some dramatic improvement during the next year, or things could be pretty tough in the '10 election cycle...

8 Comments:

Blogger Randal Graves said...

I give Cantor negative six months.

Hey, while you're up there, see if the Mariners won't mind trading pitching staffs with the Indians. ;-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

I'm not nearly as worried about '10 the way the GOP is continuing to implode. It is now seven days since Palin's resignation address, and still, I have yet to hear even one rational explanation for her actions and a translation of her comments into English. Well, I take that back. I have read ONE rational explanation, from her grandson's father Levi: She's broke and needs the money. Then, hearing Palin's response, well, nothing says "family values" like trashing the father of your unwed teenage daughter's child. I have the deepest sympathy for Bristol, Willow, and whatever the heck the other two children's names are. We know about Sarah Palin and her husband from a distance. They have to live with them. Oh, and when they went to NYC, Bristol tagged along and was knocked up by A-Rod (j/k).

4:35 PM  
Blogger Beekeepers Apprentice said...

A Rod still has sperm? I thought steroids killed sperm.

Well isn't he just the modern medical marvel? :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Commander Zaius said...

Cantor is a sniveling little prick.

The election cycle for 2010 my be hard on the Democrats but in the long run the republicans have screwed the pooch with African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans.

Unless they change their ways in a few years they will be limited to the South and isolated pockets of Anglos in the West.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

What I'd give to be in Seattle for the summer!

John McCain did the same thing as Cantor on Meet The Press yesterday. Sad.

Why the hell can't politicians just answer fucking questions? And why can't the press follow up on bullshit answers?

3:13 AM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Beach Bum believe it or not I see signs of them losing traction even here in the south.

Come`on, Palin has abandoned them and McCain opposes the F22 WITH Obama.

They begin to see how they were played by Republicans.

5:58 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Mandelbrot's Chaos I think the other two are named Canoe and Bear Hide ;)

6:00 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net