Monday, April 12, 2010

WORDS

I like to look at words in various ways, and one of my favorites is this.

Wal-Mart SuperCenter backwards is:

"Tram-Law RetnecRepus".

They do put the Retnec in shopping. And I think the word "repus" sounds pretty interesting too!

Well, I thought "repus" had a kind of Southern flavor to it, in that it sort of sounds like "Remus" and "Jeebus". It could be like "Uncle Repus" or "All praise Repus".

I wonder if there are any guys out there with a first name of Repus.

"Yeah, I was talkin' t' ol' Retnec Repus th' other day..."

5 Comments:

Blogger Darrell Michaels said...

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are! :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger S.W. Anderson said...

LOL, I can honestly say it never occurred to me to have fun with Wal Mart spelled backwards. I have done that with other words or names, though.

Another thing that can be fun is noticing juxtapositions. Such as two signs for different things that, viewed together, say something ridiculous or contradictory, or reading a list of song titles one after another as though they were in sentences.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Darrell Michaels said...

It's even funnier if you put those juxtaposed words and song titles on a teleprompter! :)

(And would probably be less destructive than the equally non-sensical stuff being read from some teleprompters in the DC area currently!)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I'm sure there must be at least one guy named Repus out there. I mean, if you can find a Cletus or an Uncle Remus there must be!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Redrum!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RichardDawkins.net